Re: linked tables Access <---> PG 7.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Goulet, Dick
Subject Re: linked tables Access <---> PG 7.4.1
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Naw,  It's just MicroSlop being a stinker.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas [mailto:maps.on@gmx.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 7:27 PM
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] linked tables Access <---> PG 7.4.1

Hi,
I fear this might be off-topic but I'm sure I'd be hit, too, if I asked
something concerning the interaction with PostgreSQL on  the dark side.   ;)

Client:   MS-Access 2000
Server:  PG 7.4.1

I ODBC-link some tables and all is fine.
Then I manually link a PostgreSQL-view and Access asks which of the
fields will be the primary key of this "table".

Then again, if I link the view with VBA's DAO command
CurrentDB.CreateTableDef( [...] ) no question appears and the view gets
created as a table-object.
If I inspect it's design, there is no field marked as primary key.

Is the PK really obsolete or does it have implications in the
performance of Access or PG ?

Thanks
Andreas

               http://archives.postgresql.org