Re: hanging for 30sec when checkpointing - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Goulet, Dick
Subject Re: hanging for 30sec when checkpointing
Date
List pgsql-admin
Scott,

    If you feel it is necessary to apologize for such a minor infraction of polite etiquette please come on over to
Oracle-L. We have harshness 10 times greater.  Probably because there are so many practioners and so many different
pointsof view.  We call them "Holy Wars".  The current blazing one is on RAID, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

    BTW: From a Holy War on Oracle-L of similar topic.  There is a difference on how bad that lying IDE drive is
dependingon who the vendor is, what system it's plugged into, and what OS is being used.  Some do a better job than
othersof "covering up" the lies.  The other chap may have one of those better systems, so from his point of view it's
"oldfashioned misinformation".  Doesn't mean it's not true, just covered up better.  Kind of like "Air Freshener".

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA