(not) powered by PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alexey Borzov
Subject (not) powered by PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greetings!

Sort of addition for my larger mail.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many cute dolphins plastered all over
the web and so few cute elephants (even for projects that *do* support PgSQL)?

The answer is simple. If I need to get a cute dolphin, I go to www.mysql.com,
click on Download and there is a conveniently highlighted "Logos" entry.

If I need to get a cute elephant I go to postgresql.org, advocacy.postgresql.org
and click around until I find... nothing. Then (maybe) I go to the search page,
enter "logo" and get maillist messages where people complain that they can't
find a cute elephant either. The replies (finally) contain links to pgsql.com
where the logos are. Cute, indeed.