Re: Will Open Source be forced to go Proprietary - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Will Open Source be forced to go Proprietary
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>So, basically, they have to hope they don't run out of that money before
>they lose their market share to us and/or firebird? :)

My predication is that mySQL proper will be dropped from the world in
the next 36 months and all
of their efforts will focus on SapDB (MaxDB). They know mySQL isn't and
really can't be within its
current infrastructure what they sell it to be... However, SapDB can be,
which is why they are creating
all these compatibility connection layers and such so existing apps will
need very little modification during
initial migration.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake