Re: The best book - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Chad R. Larson
Subject Re: The best book
Date
List pgsql-admin
At 07:34 PM 7/26/02 , Ludwig Lim wrote:
>--- Elielson Fontanezi <ElielsonF@prodam.sp.gov.br> wrote: >    Which the
>best book all you can tell me to buy > for Administering PostGres?
>
>- I recommend PostgreSQL : Introduction and Concepts by Bruce Momjiam if
>you are new to PostgreSQL.It's for beginners to a level between
>intermediate and advance. It explains nicely the features unique to
>PostgreSQL not found in other DBMS.

Bruce's book is a good one, but a large portion of the page count is
devoted to basically an SQL primer.  If you aren't comfortable with SQL,
it's a good starting place.

A book that is a bit deeper in the installation and administration of
PostgreSQL is "Practical PostgreSQL" by John C. Worsley and Joshua D. Drake.

It's one of the O'reilly books, ISBN 1-56592-846-6.

         -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad@eldocomp.com
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100