Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Future of PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
At 10:27 PM 12/25/99, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>[snip]
> > Plug-in Oracle 7 compatibility.
>
>I believe we are adding Oracle compatibility as possible.  We are
>working on write-ahead log, long tuples, foreign keys, and outer joins.
>Anything else?

Replication would be nice, or some other form of clustering so the load can
be easily split among multiple PostGres servers.  My personal pet peeves
are the difficulty of the backup/restore process (well, it's not really
difficult, it just takes a while) and the 8k query limit.  Also, the
ability to restrict CREATE [ TABLE | INDEX | SEQUENCE ...] would be nice.