JDBC and Unicode problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zeljko Trogrlic
Subject JDBC and Unicode problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm trying to store / retrieve data from UNICODE database, but without success.

I installet PostgreSQL 7.02 binaries for RedHat Linux on RH 6.2
I created database with UNICODE as charset (createdb -E UNICODE name)
I can establish JDBC connection and everything works fine when I use ASCII
characters.
When I use non-ASCII characters, I get all kind of stuff.

I tried to store data using
 * setString
 * setObject
 * setBytes
 * setUnicodeStream

without success.

My questions are:
 * Are binaries configured for UNICODE support?
 * How can I check are binaries configured for UNICODE support?
 * Do I have to set somethinh in Java in order to get UNICODE working?
 * Which method should I use to read UNICODE data?

I have to enter multilingual data so I can't switch to national character set.
Zeljko Trogrlic

Aeris d.o.o.
Sv. Petka 60 b, HR-31000 Osijek, Croatia
Tel: +385 (31) 53 00 15
Email: mailto:zeljko@post.hinet.hr