Re: PostgreSQL 13 Feature Freeze + Release Management Team (RMT) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 13 Feature Freeze + Release Management Team (RMT)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/30/20 10:18 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Release Management Team (RMT) for the PostgreSQL 13 is assembled and
> has determined that the feature freeze date for the PostgreSQL 11
> release will be April 7, 2020. This means that any feature for the
> PostgreSQL 13 release **must be committed by April 7, 2020 AOE**
> ("anywhere on earth")[1]. In other words, by April 8, it is too late.
>
> This naturally extends the March 2020 Commitfest to April 7, 2020. After
> the freeze is in effect, any open feature in the current Commitfest will
> be moved into the subsequent one.

As a reminder, the commit fest and feature freeze for PostgreSQL 13 (not
11) starts at '2020-04-08T00:00:00-12'::timestamptz -- all new features
for PostgreSQL 13 must be committed by then.

All the best for the final push. I have seen some very exciting patches
land and PostgreSQL 13 is shaping up to be another excellent release!

Jonathan

Attachment