Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - xlog timeline 0 pg_xlogfile_name_offset - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: testing cvs HEAD - HS/SR - xlog timeline 0 pg_xlogfile_name_offset
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Yeah. The current pg_*_last_location() functions don't cut it though,
> you need to retain logs back to the redo location of the last
> restartpoint. That's what %r returns. Maybe we should add another function?

+1

It would be useful if we can know that location via SQL rather
than pg_controldata. Which should that function return, filename
or location? If we'll prevent pg_xlogfile_name() from being called
during recovery according to your suggestion, it should return the
filename.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao