Re: Streaming Rep - 2-phase backups and reducing time to full replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Streaming Rep - 2-phase backups and reducing time to full replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 6:33 AM, decibel <decibel@decibel.org> wrote:
> Dumb question: could the WAL streaming code be made to also ship base files?

No.

> That would make setting up a streaming replica super-simple.

Agreed, but it's not easy to implement that. So I'm thinking
that it's out of the scope of the development for v8.5.

Of course, anyone is welcome to try that ;-)

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center