Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?
Date
Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> It's needed to find the place where the backup stopped, so it defines
> the safe stopping point. We could easily pass that info via WAL, when
> streaming. It doesn't actually matter until we try to failover.

Right. And, it's also needed to cooperate with HS which begins accepting
read-only queries after a recovery reaches that safe stopping point.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center