Re: Architecture of walreceiver (Streaming Replication) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Architecture of walreceiver (Streaming Replication)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> wrt. synchronous replication, if someone else has the cycles to look at
> it, that would be great. I got stuck on the postmaster-process or not
> question Fujii raised again now, not being able to decide.

What is your worry about the postmaster-subprocess walreceiver?

One of those is that the startup process would become stuck because
of failure of launching of walreceiver, and I have addressed that.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-09/msg02003.php

If you have another worry, I'll address that.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center