Re: Hot standby and synchronous replication status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Hot standby and synchronous replication status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really know how you COULD pick a safe default location.
> Presumably any location that's in the default postgresql.conf file
> would be under $PGDATA, which kind of defeats the purpose of the whole
> thing.  In other words, you're always going to have to move it anyway,
> so why bother with a default that is bound to be wrong?

Or, how about introducing the new option which specifies the archive location
for initdb, like -X option. This location is used to set up the default
archive_command by initdb. Though I'm not sure if this meets the need.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center