Re: Synch Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Synch Replication
Date
Re: Synch Replication
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Niranjan,

Sorry for this late reply.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:25 PM, K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
<niranjan.k@nsn.com> wrote:
> Thanks. Now it works.

Good news :)

> Few questions:
> 1) Do you have an idea by when the Hot standby patch and Sync
> replication patch will be integrated?

I think (hope) that they will be integrated in v8.5.

> 2) I have used 1 physical machine to try current patch of synchronous
> replication. Is it OK for me to try with 2 separate machines for Primary
> & Standby servers

Of course. The basic procedure to construct the synch rep environment
is described in the attached document (log-shipping-record.html).
If you want the more detailed information, please refer to the following link
and build the documentation of synch rep.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/docguide-build.html

> 3) Do you have test programs that can used for synchronous replication
> testing?

No, I've not used the automated test program. Yeah, since it's very useful,
I'll make it before long.

> 4) I'am thinking of trying load/performance tests as well. What do you
> feel? Will it be too early to do this test?

Any kinds of testing welcome!

I attached the patch which fixed the problem which you reported.
The source code which I uploaded before outputs many logs,
which would harm the performance, so please try this new patch.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center