Re: Progress indication prototype - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Erik Rijkers
Subject Re: Progress indication prototype
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, August 17, 2010 19:13, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tis, 2010-08-17 at 15:59 +0200, Erik Rijkers wrote:
>> creating template1 database in
>> /var/data1/pg_stuff/pg_installations/pgsql.progress_indicator/data/base/1 ... FATAL:  could not
>> create unique index "pg_proc_oid_index"
>> DETAIL:  Key (oid)=(2614) is duplicated.
>
> Probably merge conflict with parallel developments.  Try changing the
> OID.

Could you elaborate?   What is a 'merge conflict'?  Or 'parallel developments'?

Do you mean the current git conversion?  (I get source from a local rsync'ed cvs repository)

How can I 'change OID'?  This error comes out of an initial initdb run.  (There are several other
test-instances on this machine (several running), but with their own $PGDATA, $PGPORT. - they
can't interfere with each other, can they?)

thanks,

Erik Rijkers