Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15.08.22 03:48, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> I vaguely remember successfully trying it in the past. But I just tried it
>> unsuccessfully in a VM and there's a bunch of other places saying it's not
>> working...
>> https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/4240
> I think we'd better remove our claim that it works then.  Patch attached.

When I developed support for abstract unix sockets, I did test them on
Windows.  The lack of support on WSL appears to be an unrelated fact.
See for example how [0] talks about them separately.

[0]: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/af_unix-comes-to-windows/