Re: Improving psql slash usage help message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: Improving psql slash usage help message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02.11.2020 18:02, Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:
> Status update for a commitfest entry.
> This thread was inactive for a while. Is anyone going to continue working on it?
>
> My two cents on the topic:
> I don’t see it as a big problem in the first place. In the source code, \dE refers to foreign tables and \de refers
toforign servers. So, it seems more reasonable to me, to rename the latter.

>    \dE[S+] [PATTERN]      list foreign tables
>    \det[+] [PATTERN]      list foreign servers
>
> I also do not support merging the entries for different commands. I think that current help output is easier to
read.

> The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author

Status update for a commitfest entry.

This entry was inactive during this CF, so I've marked it as returned
with feedback. Feel free to resubmit an updated version to a future
commitfest.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company