Re: Unicode error with pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian
Subject Re: Unicode error with pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-general
"Christian" <cgregoir99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello guys,
>
> Using pgaccess 0.98.8 with PostgreSQL 7.3 on Linux RH 7.2, I get :
>
> ERROR: Client encoding UNICODE is not supported
>
> when trying to connect to a database (no error with psql).
>
> Searching on the web, a very few posts like mine were replied to recompile
> PostgreSQL with --enable-multibyte, but this option has disappeared with
7.3
> release (enabled by default).
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Christian.

I eventually got it to work, both by downgrading to 7.2.3 release with which
the --enable-multibyte option is available, and recompiling tcl/tk from
sources (i first had gotten the activetcl-stuff RPM). I can't tell if the
former or the latter (or even both together) action(s) solved this issue.

Christian