Postgresql won´t install on winXP? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lasse Kjærsgaard
Subject Postgresql won´t install on winXP?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

I�m working on installing postgresql v7.2.2 on my XP machine, but it won�t.
I�m following the instructions from
http://www.postgresql.dk/docs/faq-mswin.html until number 4 where I can get
no futher. When I type in the line "net start ipc-daemon" (both woth and
without the &)windows tells me that the name is invalid. Afterwards when I
type in "initdb -D /home/lasse/data" the program halts during "creating
template 1 database in /home/lasse/data/base/1".

I am using the "cygwin" program to install postgresql on winXP, with
postgresql preinstalled.

Anyone out there who can help me?

/Lasse Kj�rsgaard

---