Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date
Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/20/21 7:15 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 07:05:05AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Your version of perl is apparently too old for this. Looks like that
>> needs to be 5.22 or later: <https://perldoc.perl.org/perl5220delta>
> Hmm.  src/test/perl/README tells about 5.8.0.  That's quite a jump.

Yes. I've pushed a fix that should take care of the issue.

5.8 is ancient. Yes I know it's what's in the Msys1 DTK, but the DTK
perl seems happy with the list form of pipe open - it's only native
windows perl's that aren't.

Maybe it's time to update the requirement a bit, at least for running
TAP tests.

cheers

andrew

--