starting pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From paul simdars
Subject starting pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I am trying to use pgaccess.  I have postgres installed and I created a
database.  I go to an Xterm and login as postgres and start the
postmaster with "pg_ctl start -l logfile".  Then I go to a different Xterm
and I start pgaccess, 'open' a database and get an error saying,
'Error trying to connect to database 'xyz' on host localhost'.  It also
says, "Is the server runnint on host localhost and accepting TCP/IP
connections on port 5432?".
I know the apache server is running and I can open a web page that
accesses the database I want to connect to.  Is that what they are
asking about?  If so, then that isn't the problem.  Unless I have to
create a new postgres user for pgaccess like I created a user 'apache'
for the apache server to be able to access the database. Any help would
be appreciated because it looks like it will be a good tool.
Thank you.
Paul