Re: Which Front End for Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From bscinc2000@yahoo.comNOSPAM (Al Frick)
Subject Re: Which Front End for Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 16 May 2001 08:01:42 +0000 (UTC), tony@animaproductions.com
(Tony Grant) wrote:
>I would personnaly choose FreeBSD for the PostgreSQL server and RedHat
>as the client workstation.
>
>Cheers
>
>Tony Grant

Thanks for all of the posts.

I may try FreeBSD as the server.  But I am a little confused.  My
clients want Windows on the work stations.  Can this be done?

Can the FreeBSD server with Postgresql then act as a database server
for internal data and as a web host for publishing data to the Net?  I
realize there are security issues here.  Would it be better to have an
internal data server and have an external web host?  Can Postgresql
handle the same data on two different servers if I do this?  Does it
have replication or some other feature that makes off site web hosting
possible?

Thanks
Al