createdb fails - Newbie - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Christian Anton
Subject createdb fails - Newbie
Date
List pgsql-admin
Good day all,

I'm a newbie running latest distro on Linux (RH 7.0, 2.2). I used the RH
supplied RPM's at first and had no problems excpet a need to identify data
directory. Then after reading an interesting article comparing GNU DBMS's
(http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/1224/2/  ) I decided to
try download source and compile myself, with Perl support.  Now I cannot
createdb because libpq.so.2.1 cannot be found even though it's in my lib
dir.

What puzzles me is when I used th RPM's there was no lib dir.  How can I fix
this and perhaps more importantly, what the heck does this file do?

Christian Anton