Re: vacuum full... - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rafael Domiciano
Subject Re: vacuum full...
Date
List pgsql-admin
I used to run vacuum full in one of my bases, but now i'm not running anymore vacuum full, just vacuum analyze in the past 1 month, but the number of necessary pages is increasing every day, now it's in 311264... there is any problem this get increasing?
When I runned Reindex few days ago, this number get not decreased.
I now that vacuum full reorders the relation, but it's the only thing that it does?

Thnks,

Rafael Domiciano

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Jessica Richard <rjessil@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am running "vacuum full" via a shell script for a list of large databases
> now... and I may run out of my scheduled system down time....
>
> If I don't finish all databases and kill the script in the middle... am I
> going to cause any table corruptions since "vacuum full" is rebuilding the
> tables and indexes....

No.  But may I ask why you are running vacuum full?  Is it a regular
thing.  Do all your tables in all your dbs actually need it?