Re: [GENERAL] Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>  How about just a "Getting Started with PostgreSQL" guide... Python is
> like this.
> They have the "real" documentation but they also have a introductory
> tutorial. We
> could have a brief document (100 pages or less) that talks about the
> basic concepts
> of PostgreSQL...

Dunno if this is worth the effort, but the old Great Bridge User Guide is still out there in a bunch of places, if
anyone'sinterested.  The last one was for version 7.1, so it's more than a little moldy, but it did a lot of the stuff
peoplehave been talking about here (more newbie-ish):

http://database.ittoolbox.com/documents/document.asp?i=1371