Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>>Someone mentioned that the 'fees' were relatively high though ... that you
>>>lose a fair amount off the top *to* Sourceforge?
>>>

>>If we were going to do this, I would suggest just going right through
>>paypal.
>>

>I'd rather pay the high fees and actually have access to the money ...
>Paypal I'm 110% *against* ... they have had *way* too many problems.  In
>fact, there was a time when we ourselves setup the whole paypal account
>and were looking at moving to it, until our clients started telling us
>they wouldn't use it.  We, as a business, have had something like 25 "new
>clients" sign up in the past month that its turning out are cards stolen
>from clients who made purchases through paypal in the recent past ...
>
>We (ie. Hub) just went through re-evaluating our online credit card
>services, and are currently in the middle of moving our accounts to a
>company called PaySystems (http://www.paysystems.com) that we've found to
>have some of the better fees, and have yet to any major complaints about
>their services ... we haven't found any major complaints about our current
>one, but we just find we're losing too much money in the way of fees ...

Agreed. You might also look at http://www.2checkout.com/ - I have heard
they are OK, and their fees don't look outrageous. I also have a friend
who runs a web payment service, who might be able to help. I can ask him
if people are interested.

cheers

andrew