Re: Returning arbitrary row sets from a function - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Returning arbitrary row sets from a function
Date
List pgsql-novice
Gerard Mason wrote:
> Well, is it possible to run two different versions of postgresql
> side-by-side on the same machine? I don't want to end up with a
> non-working database just because I've made some stupid mistake
> installing a new version, and then find that I can't revert back to the
> old one either.

Is the original installed from source, or from some sort of package? If
the latter, reverting should be easy. Just make sure you save a copy of
the old data directory off to the side somewhere (taken *after* dumping
and shutting down the old postmaster).

> Is it at least possible to have two different versions installed
> side-by-side, even if you can only have one running at a time?

You can, but it's tricky to get it right.

Joe