Re: Money data type in PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Graham Leggett
Subject Re: Money data type in PostgreSQL?
Date
Re: Money data type in PostgreSQL?
List pgsql-general
Jan Wieck wrote:

> You won't get any rounding errors in NUMERIC either. What people should
> be concerned of is to find an arbitrary precision package for the
> frontend programming language they're using.

What is the definition of a numeric number? I understand (from studying
numeric methods all those years ago) that the base 10 decimal number 0.1
cannot be stored exactly in base 2 floating point, thus my use of
integers - is numeric an arbitrary precision concept?

Regards,
Graham