Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Triggers, Stored Procedures, PHP. was: Re: PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
>It also has some things which are functions, and others which are
>methods, with no rhyme or reason except for a historical basis.  And
>that's just the beginning.  (Why are tuples read only?  Sorry, cheap
>shot.)
>
>Please don't paint Python as nice and regular.  It has nearly as many
>odd things to know as Perl does.

I think the last thing we need is a language war. Every language has its
cruft and problems.  Use
the language that suits you best. Perl, Python, PHP are all good
languages in their own right.
Currently Python has the best server side (pl) support for PostgreSQL of
the three but that
will change after the new year.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake