Re: initdb should create a warning message [was Re: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: initdb should create a warning message [was Re:
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:

>Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
>

>>Then it needs to be stated very prominently.  But the place to put a
>>sign saying "Dangerous cliff edge" is beside the path that leads along
>>it.
>>

>The only way to make this prominent would be a file with the *name* "THIS
>DIRECTORY CONTAINS CRITICAL DATA". Not a "README" with that message inside.

Renaming the directories is the only suggestion I've seen that makes
sense. The others remind me of the warning that is now placed on coffee
cup lids at fast food places: "Caution, Contents May Be Hot".

cheers

andrew