Re: BSDCan 2004 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: BSDCan 2004
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 1 Dec 2003 at 16:00, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Dan,
> >
> > > I'd like to have Bruce Momjian give a talk at BSDCan
> > > (http://www.bsdcan.org).  The main stumbling block is sponsorship.  I
> > > have no money to pay for travel and lodging expenses.  Any ideas?
> >
> > What about getting some of our other contributors who live nearby?   Bruce is
> > a great speaker, but we do have lots of other people too.   Possibly one or
> > more of them will have employers who are willing to foot the bill.
>
> Also, I am getting near to declining invitations.   May is open, but I
> am closed through April at this point, and it is December 1. :-0

Sure, I'm open to that.  Who are these speakers?  The folks from
Toronto and Nova Scotia were here last February for another
conference (http://www.osw.ca/) that I'm associated with, but this
conference (http://www.bsdcan.org/) is a different group (mainly me).

FYI: Ottawa is about 8 hours drive from New York City and from
Detroit.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/