Re: For full text indexing, which is better, tsearch2 or - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: For full text indexing, which is better, tsearch2 or
Date
Re: For full text indexing, which is better, tsearch2 or
List pgsql-performance
> Which one is better (performance/easier to use),
> tsearch2 or fulltextindex?
> there is an example how to use fulltextindex in the
> techdocs, but I checked the contrib/fulltextindex
> package, there is a WARNING that fulltextindex is
> much slower than tsearch2. but tsearch2 seems
> complex to use, and I can not find a good example.
> Which one I should use? Any suggestions?

I believe I wrote that warning :)

Tsearch2 is what you should use.  Yes, it's more complicated but it's
HEAPS faster and seriously powerful.

Just read the README file.

You could also try out the original tsearch (V1), but that will probably
be superceded soon, now that tsearch2 is around.

Chris