Sporadic disconnects of ODBC clients (Postgres 7.2) - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Venkateswara Rao Kanaparthi
Subject Sporadic disconnects of ODBC clients (Postgres 7.2)
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi All,

We are using Postgres 7.2.2 and unixODBC-2.0.3 ODBC driver. Postmaster
process and ODBC clients run on different Linux machines. Everything
works fine but the worrysome part is that our clients keep reporting
that DB is inaccessible and within seconds they get connected again.
This happens sporadically and almost 3 to 4 times every day.

Could someone please give pointers on what parameters to look for to fix
this?

thanks,
--kv