Re: oh dear ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: oh dear ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>I'm confused. My understanding from what Tom said is that it affects all
>>configurations.
>
> the stats collector problem, from what I've seen through this list,
> affects Solaris, and only some Solaris configuration ..

But the issue at hand is this one:

Tom Lane wrote:> This worked in 7.3:>> regression=# select '1999-jan-08'::date;> ERROR:  date/time field value out of
range:"1999-jan-08"> HINT:  Perhaps you need a different "datestyle" setting.

Seems like this would affect everyone who uses this style of date in
their app. If it isn't a must fix for 7.4, we should plan 7.4.1 for a
fairly quick follow up.

Joe