Re: Suggestions for benchmarking 7.4RC2 against 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject Re: Suggestions for benchmarking 7.4RC2 against 7.3
Date
List pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus wrote:
Rajesh, Chris,

I got the osdb benchmark running last week, and had to separate client
from server.  I had to jump through a fair number of hoops including
copying data files over to the server.  The benchmark software needs a
bit more work...
What about the OSDL's TPC-derivative benchmarks?   That's a much more
respected database test, and probably less buggy than OSDB.

Hmm... really sorry! my
pg_dump | psql is almost finishing in next 20 mins.

creating indexes at the moment :)

Really sorry can't rollback and delay anymore becoz my
website is *unavailable* for past 30 mins.

I ran OSDB .15 version  and pg_bench .

Regds
Mallah.