Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Release Candidate 1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Release Candidate 1
Date
Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Release Candidate 1  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL v7.4 Release Candidate 1  (Joseph Shraibman <jks@selectacast.net>)
List pgsql-general
Vivek Khera wrote:

> MGF> As we are in the home stretch of a full release, we encourage as
> many as
> MGF> possible to test and report any bugs they can find, whether as
> part of the
> MGF> build process, or running in "real life" scenarios.
>
> MGF> If we've heard no reports back before midnight on Thursday, we
> are looking
> MGF> at a full code freeze, with a Final Release to happen on the
> following
> MGF> Monday.
>
> Does this now guarentee no more initdb will be required?

do I have to be a major guru or coder to be on the dev list? I'd REALLY
like to find out what the roadmap is for Postgres, especially in
relationship to locale's, sorting, and encodings.