Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server
Date
Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server
List pgadmin-support
timothy.r.morley@kc.frb.org wrote:

> I've done some more testing.  I installed pgadmin3-1.0.1 and
> pgadmin3-1.1.0-cvs20031030 on a Mandrake 9.2 box.  The Mandrake 9.2
> box has all updates applied and is running openssl-0.9.7b-4.1.92mdk.
>  When I connect from this machine to my SSL enabled PostgreSQL machine
> pgadmin3 crashes(both versions) when I try to execute a query.  I can
> use either version to connect to my nonSSL PostgreSQL server and I can
> execute a query.  So here is a summary of my current results.
>
> Server: PostgreSQL 7.3.4 compiled with option --with-openssl.  Openssl
> version 0.9.7c.
> 1. RedHat9 client: Pgadmin3 crashes when executing a query while
> connected to the SSL enabled PostgreSQL server.  Pgadmin3 executes
> query against a nonSSL PostgreSQL server and against the SSL enabled
> server when ssl = false is set in postgresql.conf. Client has
> openssl-0.9.7a installed.
> 2. Mandrake 9.2 client: Same results as with RedHat9 client. Client
> has openssl-0.9.7b-4.1.92mdk installed.
> 3. Slackware 9.1: All queries on all servers work. Client has
> openssl-0.9.7b installed.

So this seems to be not a ssl version problem, but something about the
platforms. We can reduce you results to
- RedHat9 and Mandrake 9.2 won't work
- Slackware does.
Maybe we need special compiler/link flags for RH and Mandrake :-(

Did you try the binary versions too? Jean-Michel, what's happening on
your machines when connecting with ssl=require?

Regards,
Andreas