Re: Open Groupware - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Open Groupware
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Josh Berkus writes:
>

>>No, and we should ... they're good guys.   You want to invite them to forward
>>their announcements to announce@postgresql.org?   Major releases only, of
>>course.
>

> What kind of measure to do want to apply to control who should forward
> announcements to our announcement list?  I can name half a dozen other
> projects that support PostgreSQL no more no less than this package, but
> ISTM that people who want to find out about packages that work with
> PostgreSQL should go to our website (there is/used to be(?) a page that
> covers this), and people who want to track the project progress can
> subscribe to their announcement lists.

If a project uses and relies on postgresql solely, I think we should cover it
and mention them on our website. May be a software section for software that
entirely use or prefer postgresql.

Cross linking is always good. Let's moderate it and that's about it..

What say?

  Shridhar

P.S. Sorry for late reply. Was on vacation for last 4 days..:-)