Re: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure
Date
Re: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure
List pgadmin-support
Hi Raphaël!

Due to your hints i found out, that the problem is my X-configuration. I
am trying to fix it (which turns out to be tricky) and will report back,
when i find a solution.

Maybe I was naiv, but I did not know pgadmin3 needs an X-server to be
installed. I only read about wxWindows and assumed this would be
installed with the pgadmin3-.debs by apt-get automatically. As I
mentioned, I am no Linux Guru. I use the Linux system as database server
and had no need for X so far.

Thanks
Erwin Brandstetter

blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:
> (oouppps, I forgot to CC to the list)
>

> Hi Erwin,
>
> Thank you for downloading pgadmin,
>
> this message is typical of a general display problem. I think tha t you may have launched pgadmin from a window where
youdidn't get right to open any X applications (not only pgadmin3).

> Could you please check the following:
> - Just enter a new X session and try to launch pgadmin3 (it should work if your environment is correctly set...).
> - if the first step does not work can you tell us the result of this:
> echo $DISPLAY
> - can you also try to do a :
> xhost +
> (be aware that it is not secure) on your DISPLAY ?
>
> Can you also describe the way you are working on your host to launch pgadmin3 (if there are more than one host, from
whereyou are connecting and such things...).