Re: View column defaults in pgAdminIII - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: View column defaults in pgAdminIII
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:

>Hi,

Yes, and I had quite some fights to get this pretty-print functions into
the backend for guys like us that don't like dozens of parentheses and a
view definition of 10k on a single line.

>>b) Include in the view definition DDL any column defaults.
>>When I do a pg_dump -t myview... at the server console, the
>>output includes not only the view DDL, rules, and
>>permissions, but also column defaults. Would be nice for the
>>sake of completeness to see the column defaults in the
>>pgAdminIII DDL also.
>>

>I'm not sure what you mean here. Views don't have column defaults, only
>the underlying relations do. How would you expect that to be expressed
>in SQL (which pg_dump didn't do when I tried it btw)?

View columns are a bit... neglected at the moment. I took this on the
TODO list.

Regards,
Andreas