Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marsh Ray
Subject Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs.
Date
List pgsql-general
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>my personal question is how well any of this would even stand up in a
>court of law, or how would you enforce it?

I think this is not the issue for most business owners. If something
even smells like it might end up in a court of law, they're not going to
touch it with the proverbial 10-foot pole. Especially something as
interchangeable as inexpensive database software. Regardess of how
outlandish MySQL's interpretation of the GPL might be, any sane
businessperson would try to conform to their intent (by paying
reasonable commercial licensing or just avoiding it altogether) rather
than try to aruge it in court.

- Marsh