Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kaarel
Subject Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs.
Date
Re: Response from MySql AB (Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs.  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
>http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing-examples.html.

Well this is very interesting indeed. Beat that:

"You need a license if you sell a product designed specifically for use
with MySQL or that requires the MySQL server to function at all. This is
true whether or not you provide MySQL for your client as part of your
product distribution."

So whatever compiled program or script you sell, if it works only with
MySQL (say you want to sell a shell script that checks if a row has been
added to a MySQL table), you need a license. Then a question arises
though, when I make my script to work with MySQL AND PostgreSQL too,
does this make the above statement not valid in my case?

Kaarel