Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL at OSCON 2004 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robby Russell
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL at OSCON 2004
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
greg@turnstep.com wrote:

> The time and place for the Open Source Convention (OSCON) 2004 has
> just been announced:
>
> 2004 O'Reilly Open Source Convention
> July 26-30, 2004
> Portland Marriott Downtown, Portland, OR
>
> Last year had a good PostgreSQL showing (including our own track) but I
> would like to see a lot more. I encourage everyone to think about doing
> a presentation, even if just a short one on a very specific PostgreSQL
> topic. The advocacy list is a good place to brainstorm about topic ideas.
> (I am CCing this initial one to general, please post any followups only
> to advocacy).
>
> I do not know what the "theme" of the convention is yet (they like
> to have themes) but some quick possible topic areas may be:
>

> PostgreSQL on Windows
> Replication
> Backups and Restores
> Converting from Oracle (or others)
> How I solved XXX using PostgreSQL
> PostgreSQL for "enterprise" computing
> Integrating PostgreSQL with PHP
> Handling large objects

We here at Command Prompt, Inc. (seeing as how we're in downtown
Portland) would be happy to assist with organizing anything local for
this. We're also involved (at least I am) with Portland Linux User Group
(http://www.pdxlug.org) and I'm sure they'd assist with tending the
booth as well. As far as presentations, the more we can get the better
and I think these are some great topics to cover. It's never too early
to begin planning these things.

MySQL had a booth this year, and PostgreSQL didn't. :-/

-Robby

--
Robby Russell,  |  Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc.   |  http://www.commandprompt.com