cannot insert or update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oscar I. del Rey
Subject cannot insert or update
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi list

I have any problems with Postgres 7.0 and a DataBase.

When I do a select to the database it works well, but when I try to
insert or to update it remains hooked and I couldn't work with it.
Problems started 2 days ago after I done a vacuum in one table (only).
Since this day I have several processes such as:
/usr/bin/postgres localhost root database UPDATE waiting
These processes never die and are repeating themselves until they
exhaust the connections to the Data Base

Any ideas?