Re: High-volume shop uses PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: High-volume shop uses PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Ron Johnson wrote:
> PostgreSQL does not do horizontal scaling at all, since the postmaster
> can only run on 1 CPU, but it's good at vertical scaling, since it
> can make use of all of the CPUs in a box.  (Well, there's sure to
> be a point at which there is so much activity that the postmaster
> can't handle it all...)

I seen some PCI cards that permits to have a shared memory shared
between more boxes, I'd like know how much effort is required to permit
postgres to run on two or more machine and have the shared memory shared
between the boxes.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola