Re: Help With the JDBC driver - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: Help With the JDBC driver
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dan,

Are you running with the latest version of the drivers from the
jdbc.postgresql.org site?

On the surface this looks like a character encoding issue.  What
charcter encoding is the database you are connecting to using?  (use the
\l command in psql to see).  Are you storing/trying to store data that
is incompatible with that character encoding?  (for example is your
database SQL_ASCII, but you are trying to store LATIN1 characters?).

thanks,
--Barry