Re: autoconf compiling *.c - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: autoconf compiling *.c
Date
Re: autoconf compiling *.c  ("Adam H. Pendleton" <fmonkey@fmonkey.net>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Adam H. Pendleton wrote:

> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> for support of keyword checking, we need to include keywords.c. I
>> added this to makefile.am, but the compile flags will lacke the
>> including of the main include dir (../src/include in my build). While
>> we have agreed not to activate this for the 1.0 release, we'll need
>> this quite soon. Please have a look where to add the options so we
>> can compile *.c successfully.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas
>>

> I'm not sure I quite understand; what happens when you add
> db/keywords.c to Makefile.am, run bootstrap, re-run configure, and
> re-compile?

Adam,

there's a new patch for acinclude.m4 statinc "search for PostgreSQL
includes in /usr/include and usr/include/pgsql" is this supposed to fix
this topic?
It doesn't; try adding db/keywords.c to Makefile.am yourself. The files
that keywords.c is missing are *not* to be used from a PostgreSQL
installation, but should be found in our pgAdmin include directory. Some
of the files needed are indeed original PostgreSQL backend files, and
some are new pgAdmin versions.

Regards,
Andreas