Re: Serious issues with CPU usage - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Serious issues with CPU usage
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 8 Sep 2003 at 13:50, Andri Saar wrote:
> If this is the best you can get with postgres right now, then I'll just have
> to increase the frequency of VACUUMing, but that feels like a hackish
> solution :(

Use a autovacuum daemon. There is one in postgresql contrib module. It was
introduced during 7.4 development and it works with 7.3.x. as well.

Current 7.4CVS head has some problems with stats collector but soon it should
be fine.

Check it out..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point.  Men become insensitive.
-- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7