Re: session variable - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: session variable
Date
List pgsql-bugs
sad wrote:

>>>is it possible to define user variables in session ?
>>>If not then is it planned to implement ?
>>>or it is principially impossible in PosqtgreSQL
>>>

>>psql has variables, but in general we don't support session varibles.
>>You could create a temp table and put a value in there easily.
>>

>that's ok, unless i need to access it in a trigger.

No problem to use  a temp table in a trigger (which is local to the
session), I do so myself. Still, session variables would be nice, making
coding a little bit more comfortable.

>where may i ask a programming and perfomance question?
>i think mailing such questions to "BUGS" is not a good idea.

Just use the pgsql-sql and pgsql-performance mailing lists.

Regards,
Andreas