Re: Books for PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Books for PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
G Lam wrote:

>Hi, I have some experience in MS Access 97 and 2000 and did write some
>application with them. Now, I want to learn PostgreSQL. I installed it on a
>RH8.0 server. Which books would you guys recommand?
>Thank you.
>Gary

>TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

'PostgreSQL Essential Reference' by Barry Stinson is a useful book to
have at your desk, it's the only one I use. As the name suggests, it's a
reference and not a database/SQL how-to for total database newbies. OTOH
I *can't* recommend the O'Reilly book because the index is very poor,
making it useless as reference material.

Ron